Protection of Personal Data
Given the importance of protecting personal data, we make every effort to use and manage customer information appropriately and to ensure accuracy and confidentiality.
1. Collection and use of personal data
We collect personal data relating to customers to the extent necessary to conduct safe and secure dealings with them and to offer better products and services. These data are used for purposes such as providing or informing customers about products and services.
2. Types of personal data collected
We collect data such as customer names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other information necessary to provide various services.
3. Personal data management
We take appropriate steps at all times to ensure accuracy and timeliness in handling personal information relating to customers. We also take comprehensive measures to protect the personal data we collect and prevent any risk of unauthorized access.
4. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Personal data will not be disclosed to third parties, except in the following cases:
- When the customer has agreed to do so
- When disclosure is deemed necessary to comply with laws or regulations
- When disclosure is considered to be in the interests of the customer or in the public good
5. Customer requests for disclosure or correction of personal data
If a customer requests to see the personal data held on him or her, we will provide such information after confirming the customer's identity, provided there is no particular reason to deny the request. Personal data will be amended if it is incorrect or needs to be updated. In such cases, please contact the number for inquiries listed below.
The above policy on personal data will be revised and improved as required.
Inquiries: Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Research Institute Inc.